The RTAF market feasibility analysis approach focuses on the following component tasks:
- Review of the proposed owner’s program, business model and basis of competition to determine the common demographic characteristics of the prototypical consumer/end-user of the product(s) and/or service(s) at issue; then
- The creation of the component key empirical assumptions regarding the means (data sets) and methodologies (calculations and assumptions pertaining thereto) is created for the specific intended-use scenario at issue; then
- The creation of the assumed primary marketing area geography is defined for the specific intended-use scenario at issue and the component data sets pertaining to that geographical area are obtained for analysis; then
- The component data sets are examined in terms of their general trend characteristics to determine if, from an overall vantage, market conditions would be reasonably expected over the long-term forecast window period to remain relatively favorable for the development and operation of the intended-use scenario at issue; then
- The creation of the demand analysis that is designed to provide an overall determination of demand for the given product(s) and/or service(s) at issue; then
- The creation of the demand analysis supply within the market area that addresses that demand; then
- The analysis of the remaining demand potential in terms of a reasonably-conservative penetration potential for the purposes of estimating and/or forecasting future net buildable demand for the specific intended-use scenario at issue; then
- The creation of an analysis pertaining to the future revenue stream the net buildable demand would be reasonably expected to support based upon the surveyed market data pertaining to current price points and related matters for the specific intended-use scenario at issue; then
- The creation of the preliminary findings and conclusions that are then tested in the pro forma financial presentation model to determine if a reasonable basis may in fact exist for their inclusion, and upon confirmation (or adjustment, as the case may be), conversion of the preliminary report into the final report that is a component of the RTAF itself.
For additional information about each intended-use specifically, click on the link below.
- Retail Special Purpose
- Light Industrial
- Commercial Space
- Rental Senior Housing
- Rental Multifamily